Sheetrock is a sort of drywall and is fabricated and a byproduct by US Gypsum Company, one of the leading providers of drywall in the world. It is also called gypsum wallboard. Sheetrock is a combination of natural gypsum, water, and sand that is pressed between two heavy sheets of paper. It is a construction material that is used worldwide to build architectural elements like ceilings and walls.
Advantages of sheetwork vs plaster
• It is quicker to install sheetrock than it is to install plaster
• Sheetrock can be painted or primed immediately after it’s been installed so the building of the home or office could be continued with no delay. With plaster it requires days or even weeks to completely dry
• Plaster weighs more than sheetrock so there is less wear and tear on the building’s structural and foundation systems
• there’s a greater degree of fire-resistance with sheetrock than there is with platter. This can give those in Wildlife Removal Melbourne FL more time to exit the building safely in an emergency like a fire.
Size of sheetrock
If the building’s walls will be exposed to more wear and tear, the builder can find thicker sheets of five-eights thick. If there’s a curved wall, a builder can use sheetrock that’s one-fourth inch thick. The sheets of sheetrock can be shaped as they are reasonably flexible.
Types of sheetrock
There are lots of different types of sheetrock which may be used for different applications.
• Traditional-it is obviously fire-resistant but the builder can choose Type-X, which is fire-rated sheetrock. This sheetrock is enhanced with vermiculite and perlite to increase its resistance to flames and heat. Builders use Type-X drywall in commercial buildings, which has fire-rated evaluations from twenty to one hundred eighty minutes.
• Greenboard-this has its name from the green paper coating, which is a material that’s moisture-proof and is used in bathrooms and kitchens.
• Blueboard-this is the type that a builder would select if the owners want the walls to have the appearance of plaster.
• Soundboard-this type of sheetrock is constructed to block the transmission of sound between different rooms. It can be set up in many layers to make sure that the levels of sound can be maintained.